Growers wanting to boost their knowledge of grain storage will have access to a series of free webinars, which will provide information about all aspects of storing grain on-farm.
The webinars are being facilitated by Birchip Cropping Group and will be presented by members of the GRDC's Grain Storage Extension Project team.
GRDC's Grain Storage Extension Project coordinator Chris Warrick said the webinars were designed to be easily accessible to all croppers.
"The webinars are a convenient way of accessing the latest advice without having to leave the farm or office, and offer an opportunity to ask questions of the experts - they will be extremely interactive," he said.
"It is so important to get grain storage right - because if you don't the consequences can be costly."
There will be six webinars in total, kicking off this month and running once-monthly until December.
Webinars will be held on the following days:
- July 16 - planning for storage
- August 13 - storage hygiene and structural treatments
- September 10 - upgrades to existing storage
- October 8 - grain bag and bunkers
- November 12 - grain protectants
- December 10 - aeration cooling.
All webinars will run from 10-10:30am.
Registration is essential.
- Start the day with all the big news in agriculture. Click here to sign up to receive our daily Stock Journal newsletter.