McLaren Vale's d'Arenberg has been awarded the coveted International Best of Wine Tourism Award for architecture and landscape at a ceremony in Adelaide this week.
The Best of Wine Tourism Awards were announced on Thursday night at a gala dinner at the Adelaide Botanic Gardens as part of the Great Wine Capitals annual general meeting.
The iconic d'Arenberg Cube was celebrated as a building masterpiece, which offers guests a chance to ‘lose themselves' among stunning views and interactive, educational and gastronomical experiences.
Primary industries and regional development minister Tim Whetstone presented the awards and congratulated d'Arenberg on receiving such an illustrious award.
"McLaren Vale's d'Arenberg Cube is an iconic wine tourism experience that continues to gain worldwide traction for being so unique, easily eclipsing visitation expectations," Mr Whetstone said.
"Congratulations to the SA winners and nominees of the Best of Wine Tourism Awards and the finalists – this is wonderful recognition for the outstanding wine tourism experiences on offer in our state."
- Accommodation – Inkwell Wines (McLaren Vale)
- Architecture and Landscape – d'Arenberg (McLaren Vale)
- Art and Culture – Coriole Vineyards (McLaren Vale)
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experience – Penfolds Magill Estate (Adelaide Hills)
- Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices – Gemtree Wines (McLaren Vale)
- Wine Tourism Restaurants – The Lane Vineyards (Adelaide Hills)
- Wine Tourism Services – Elderton Wines (Barossa)
The awards celebrate innovation and excellence in wine tourism and provide nominees the opportunity to gain exposure and recognition for their commitment to providing leading wine tourism experiences.
For the first time, the public will be able to vote for their favourite SA and international wine tourism experience as part of tourism public choice award.
Voting closes 22 November 2018.