CHASING a more consistent income, Adelaide Hills alpaca breeder Susan Haese has expanded her stud operation to include a commercial sheep enterprise.
Attention machinery lovers. Take a step back in time this weekend when Yesterday’s Power Rally at Milang roars into town.
FOLLOWING a trial in supermarkets nationally apple growers will no longer be required to coat their apples in food-grade wax.
FUNDING cuts to the primary industries sector and the increasing cost of living in SA is on the agenda in 2017 for Opposition agriculture spokesperson David Ridgway.
MINING and farming will be the priority for both Family First MLC Robert Brokenshire and the Greens MLC Mark Parnell.
AGRICULTURE Minister Leon Bignell says the state government is committed to ensuring SA’s agriculture industry continues to thrive in 2017.
The global carbon emissions situation influenced Temple Bruer's owners to practice sustainability.
THE National Broadband Network roll out is ahead of schedule in rural areas, already connecting 100,000 South Australian premises with connections available for more than a quarter of a million.
LOVERS of ice cream and Christmas pudding rejoice. SA’s favourite ice cream manufacturer Golden North has released an ice cream pudding flavour.
- MOVES are underway to try to resolve ongoing shortages in the Australian agricultural workforce, by overcoming “speculation” about the actual causes by generating current and reliable data.
- A cash injection will help vegetable growers manage threats and combat tropical diseases.
- The results from citrus and apple crop netting trials undertaken in the Riverland will be released at a Natural Resources SA Murray-Darling Basin workshop next month to provide insights into the productivity improvements that were identified.
- Mallee Sustainable Farming has moved to tackle the issue of spray drift head on by bringing together government regulators from three states alongside representatives from across Mallee’s sectors.
- The new rebranding and expansion strategy of Barossa Fine Foods was launched at the Botanic Garden restaurant in Adelaide today.
- THE huge volume of pig meat available to the market is keeping returns low for producers but Australian Pork Limited believes prices have bottomed out.
- CROPS of industrial hemp will begin to appear across the state with the inaugural licence holders gaining accreditation.
- A change in the nomenclature regarding what is currently known as feed barley is needed according to Grain Growers.
- While returns for sheep are good, there are increasing costs particularly associated with the poor 2017 season in some areas, and the extra need for supplementary feed.
- EUDUNDA farmer Jason Pfitzner launched his own seeding system in January last year, after becoming frustrated with options that were previously available to him.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.