The goat industry has welcomed a stable price, with goats selling to $5.20 a kilogram carcaseweight for the past few months.
Future industry leaders will get a taste of all things ovine, with the SA Sheep Expo underway at the Adelaide Showground.
THE number of SA-based students studying agriculture has grown nearly 50 per cent in the past five years.
GEOFF Ruchs has had a good view of the entire agricultural industry across his career, taking in broadacre cropping, horticulture, machinery upgrades and livestock.
DAIRYING in warmer climates can bring its own challenges, which is something SA’s northernmost dairyfarmers Ros and Gary Zweck know well.
AUSTRALIA’S sheep industry is set to redefine what is classed as ‘lamb’ by spring 2019, if all goes according to plan.
THE ability to avoid double handling is one of the big benefits of a new port at Lucky Bay, according to Mangalo cropper Isaac Gill.
BREAKING: Finance has been sorted for a new grain port on EP, with construction to begin within weeks.
FULL clearance and a jump in both the top price and average were some of the features of the sale at the Bull oak Well Angus sale.
- BESTONS Global Foods marked a milestone in its mozzarella line by inviting some of its suppliers along to the inaugural Farmers’ Appreciation day at Jervois.
- He snuck out of camp to rush German machine guns alone.
- THEY might have a few bumps and blemishes, but this season’s apples and pears are as tasty as ever.
- Research has brought to a head Australian beer’s contribution to the national economy
- MOVES are underway to try to resolve ongoing shortages in the Australian agricultural workforce, by overcoming “speculation” about the actual causes by generating current and reliable data.
- THERE were 5662 lambs and 1006 mutton sold at Ouyen, Vic, on Thursday last week, for a total yarding of 6668.
- Livestock producers had a spring in their step with tremendous sheep, wool and cattle returns and a good season, particularly in the South East. Records tumbled at both bull and ram sales. Here are some of my favourite photos for the year which captured some of this optimism.
- As revenue from SA's food and wine sector hits record levels, Spring Gully Foods is celebrating a remarkable financial turnaround.
- A GROWING kangaroo population and falling numbers of field harvesters have raised concerns, particularly in the pastoral areas.
- Beef leads the way on FMDs, with 50pc jump in three years
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.