Stock Journal’s ALI KUCHEL recaps the past week's prices at SA livestock markets.
Follow us on Facebook
- IF there is one message Vic grazier Tim Leeming has for SA sheep producers during the dry season, it's not to give up.
- THE agriculture industry’s best and brightest were out in force, representing the regions recently at the SA Next Generation group’s Boots and Black Tie Ball.
- THIRTEEN proved lucky for some, when the 13th annual on-property ram sale at Lawral Park reached a new record top price and average.
- QUALITY offerings are not restricted to big studs, as was seen at Grant and Carolyn Johnson's Carcuma North Poll Merino on-property sale at Peake on Wednesday, August 7.
- SA dairyfarmers are "spent" and have called for measures to protect their businesses and livelihoods, following the drastic drop in farmgate milk prices by Murray Goulburn, Fonterra and Lions Drink and Dairy.
- June 2004 was a big month for the agriculture industry with producers preparing for changes in the livestock industry, as well as talks of the end of the barley marketing scheme. There were also big wins for SA producers in national competitions, and the Stock Journal was preparing to celebrate its centenary. All that and more in our bumper Flashback Friday gallery.
- TWO Eyre Peninsula studs set new average records at the opening sales of the season this week while a third sale on Yorke Peninsula had a new record top price.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.