Grain handler Graincorp is rejecting rumours that a closure at its Naracoorte site is linked to COVID-positive cases.
Late yesterday a Tweet was shared, suggesting the closure of the site - the company's only receival facility in SA - was caused by a number of their staff being forced to isolate due to either COVID positive diagnosis or close contact with a COVID case.
But corporate affairs manager Jess Simons says that is not the case.
Instead, she says the site was closed due to "inclement weather" in the region.
There had been storms in the area in the past 24 hours, although the Bureau of Meteorology has only recorded up to 2 millimetres in the South East region in the past seven days.
Ms Simons said they would be waiting for the weather to allow growers to resume harvest for the site to reopen.
RELATED: Harvest draws to a close
So far, the cluster of sites including Naracoorte, alongside Western Vic sites Nhill, Lillimur, Natimuk, Murtoa, Carpolack and Hamilton, has received about 720,000 tonnes since October 1.
"Across the network, we're tracking similar to last year's season," Ms Simons said.
She said there had been some delays to harvest but they were expecting to wind down in the coming weeks.
Start the day with all the big news in agriculture. Sign up here to receive our daily Stock Journal newsletter.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.