THE Country Fire Service is expected this to be a somewhat more "standard" fire season than those of the past year, as it announces the starting dates for the Fire Danger Seasons for all SA districts.
Six districts will begin on November 1 - Eastern Eyre Peninsula; Flinders: North East Pastoral; North West Pastoral; West Coast and Yorke Peninsula.
A total fire ban day was announced on North West Pastoral, Eastern EP and West Coast earlier this week.
Mount Lofty Ranges, Adelaide Metropolitan and Kangaroo Island will be the final fire ban districts to begin, starting December 1.
CFS Deputy Chief Officer Rob Sandford said this year's dates reflected a more standard season, in comparison to what South Australia had experienced in the past few years.
"A milder start to the season than in previous years means we will see the commencement of the Fire Danger Season for many areas at a time that residents are traditionally more used to," he said.
But he warned this did not mean there was no danger.
"While parts of SA had wetter than average winters, the vegetation around the state will start to cure, bringing fire potential," he said.
"People need to prepare their families and homes now, ensuring their Bushfire Survival Plan is practiced and ready.
"With no need for any district to start early, as in previous years, there should be no surprises for residents in these districts who have been preparing their properties."
The Fire Danger Season commencement means restrictions in districts become legally enforceable.
Acting Emergency Services Minister John Gardner encouraged South Australians to download the Alert SA App and have their Bushfire Survival Plan complete.
"The time to prepare yourselves, your properties and your families is now," he said.
"On high-risk days, the right conditions at the wrong time can cause a significant bushfire.
Don't get caught out."
The dates are as follows:
- Adelaide Metropolitan - December 1 to April 30
- Eastern Eyre Peninsula - November 1 to April 15
- Flinders - November 1 to April 15
- Kangaroo Island - December 1 to April 30
- Lower Eyre Peninsula - November 15 to April 15
- Lower South East - November 22 to April 30
- Mid North - November 15 to April 30
- Mount Lofty Ranges - December 1 to April 30
- Murraylands - November 15 to April 15
- North East Pastoral - November 1 to March 31
- North West Pastoral - November 1 to March 31
- Riverland - November 15 to April 15
- Upper South East - November 15 to April 15
- West Coast - November 1 to April 15
- Yorke Peninsula - November 1 to April 30
For more information, head to cfs.sa.gov.au/bans-and-ratings/more-about-fire-danger-ratings
Start the day with all the big news in agriculture. Sign up here to receive our daily Stock Journal newsletter.