Producers and landholders impacted by rabbits are being invited to attend a series of rabbit control workshops being held across the state during the coming months.
The workshops, run by PIRSA Biosecurity SA in conjunction with local NRM boards, will cover all aspects of rabbit control, as well as advice and management strategies specific to local areas.
Rabbit Control coordinator Josh Rosser will present the workshops.
He urged producers to consider using a wide range of control tools in order to best tackle the destructive pest, which is estimated to cost SA primary industries $30 million annually.
RELATED READING: New rabbit control coordinator announced
Workshops will be held at the following locations:
- Central Hills: Tuesday, June 18
- Paruna: Tuesday, June 25
- Avenue Ranges: Friday, June 28
- Coromandel East: Tuesday, July 2
- Mount Gambier: Tuesday, July 9
- Willalooka - Thursday, July 25
- Wistow - Thursday, August 1
To register, contact Josh Rosser: email@example.com or call PIRSA Biosecurity SA on 8429 3219.
- Start the day with all the big news in agriculture. Click here to sign up to receive our daily Stock Journal newsletter.