THE Ag Excellence Alliance and PIRSA hosted the Stepping into Leadership program graduation at the Hackney Hotel in Adelaide on Thursday last week.
- Clay spreading and delving has transforming thousands of acres of sandy soils in the Upper South East over the past decade or two into productive paddocks.
- Government extends social welfare support for struggling farm families
- An outbreak of Mediterranean fruit fly was declared at Thevenard on SA’s west coast, following a detection of larvae in the area on May 11 but the outbreak area has since been extended following the detection of further flies outside the original outbreak area.
- The state government is pushing for mandatory farm debt mediation to assist SA farmers resolve their financial problems.
- Are you heading out for Sheep Week? Plan your journey here.
- Thomas Foods International chief executive officer Darren Thomas has compared the devastating Murray Bridge abattoir fire to an elite athlete falling down in an Olympic hurdles final after years of training.
- Farmers cannot control the weather but Yorke Peninsula-based ag consultant Leighton Wilksch says they can receive more reliable forecasts for their farms.
- Regional SA could receive an economic boost of $1 billion and 1000 extra jobs in the next two years if a predicted tourist influx comes to fruition.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.