Mandatory testing for ovine johnes disease in sheep will no longer occur in South Australian abattoirs, after Thomas Foods International elected to move to a voluntary surveillance system.
- Running active and occupied pigs has remained the key to the Mansfield family’s successful free-range Berkshire pig operation at Mount Pleasant.
- Outstanding scholars were graduating from Roseworthy, Beef Week and Merino Field Days were on, as was the Jersey Autumn Fair, and there were plenty of milestones for the Ag Bureau in March 1966.
- The 10th World Merino Conference has wrapped up.
- South Australian diners are the first in the nation to be able to tuck into a Kidman Santa Gertrudis steak from the iconic pastoral company.
- John Deere S700 wins award
- A leaked report has fuelled debate about SA’s future management of the sheep wasting condition, ovine johnes disease.
- It gets to Anzac Day and farmers expect the season to have broken. The truth is, for most districts, the break is more likely to be mid-May.
- The first phase of the development of a national investment plan for weeds research and development has begun, after a consultation paper seeking feedback was released this week.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.