CHANCES are, anyone who has been to a country horse racing meet in SA, would have seen apprentice jockey Justin Huxtable in action.
- BESTONS Global Foods marked a milestone in its mozzarella line by inviting some of its suppliers along to the inaugural Farmers’ Appreciation day at Jervois.
- THEY might have a few bumps and blemishes, but this season’s apples and pears are as tasty as ever.
- Research has brought to a head Australian beer’s contribution to the national economy
- MOVES are underway to try to resolve ongoing shortages in the Australian agricultural workforce, by overcoming “speculation” about the actual causes by generating current and reliable data.
- THERE were 5662 lambs and 1006 mutton sold at Ouyen, Vic, on Thursday last week, for a total yarding of 6668.
- A GROWING kangaroo population and falling numbers of field harvesters have raised concerns, particularly in the pastoral areas.
- The goat industry has welcomed a stable price, with goats selling to $5.20 a kilogram carcaseweight for the past few months.
- Beef leads the way on FMDs, with 50pc jump in three years
- CALVING twice a year in autumn and spring gives Red Angus producer Ian McCombe, Waitpinga, more flexibility to market his cattle.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.