A NEW manual and DVD aim to debunk the myths and give commercial horticultural growers a step-by-step analysis of the pros and cons of converting to hydroponics.
Backed by five years of in-depth research, the Converting to Hydroponics manual gives growers options to upgrade their existing structures, rather than spend tens of thousands of dollars on new high-tech greenhouses.
Its other practical advice includes:
- Comparisons between the growth rates, yields and returns from greenhouses converted to hydroponics and crops still grown in soil;
- Examples of existing structure conversions;
- Conversion costs, general management and daily maintenance and monitoring;
- Nutrition and irrigation information;
- Further benefits and limitations, such as disease control and the boundaries of the growing environment in low-medium technology greenhouses.