A CHANGE of government in South Australia has ignited hopes for a renewed attitude and de-politicisation of critical farm policy issues.
- A management shift has helped Nick Kelly drastically reduced his fertiliser costs to $3/ha.
- WHILE massive tractors handle much of the grunt work on SA farms, many machinery sheds contain smaller, older tractors driven out to fill gaps at peak times.
- More than 20,000 people flocked to the South East Field Days at Lucindale.
- Mark Coulton says he’s “furious” at the Greens saying the kangaroo is an endangered species in an effort to ban export markets.
- ONE of the grain industry’s highest honours was recently awarded to SARDI soil biology and molecular diagnostics group leader Dr Alan McKay.
- North Queensland born and bred steer wrestler Kodie Jang has made a run at the RFD-TV The American in hopes of grabbing an almighty payout.
- Hosted by the Hart Field-Site Group and sponsored by Rabobank, the annual pre-sowing seminar brought together some of the country’s leading agronomy specialists, including Bordertown's Ben Hunt as the key-note farmer speaker.
- Merino studs across the Mid North put their best sheep on show for day one of the Elders SA Stud Merino Expo.
- FIFTEEN years after switching to organic broadacre practices, John and Jenny Schwarz, Taplan, are reaping the benefits.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.