LAST week, a bill to establish a Fire and Emergency Services Volunteer Charter was introduced into state parliament, aiming to give Country Fire Service volunteer members, among others, more say in key issues affecting their organisations.
- THE final Murray Bridge off-shears sale for the season ended on a solid note, with young ewes selling to $220.
- LEADING federal politicians from normally warring political factions have put down their weapons, albeit momentarily, to spruik bipartisanship for the red meat sector.
- DESPITE an incredibly late start to the season for many in the region, harvest on the Eyre Peninsula is under way.
- ON-FARM processing could be a game-changer for those looking to brand their meat, according to Clare Valley foodie Michele Lally.
- SPIRITED bidding, within the shed and online, helped push the top price and average at the Inverbrackie on-property sale, Finniss.
- An integrated weed management approach is essential to manage hard-to-kill weeds, avoid costly, ineffective control measures and preserve the life of herbicide chemistries.
- In what is believed to be an Australian record an Angus heifer has sold for $190,000.
- An invite to join the organising committee for the 2015 Grassland Society of Southern Australia annual conference in Naracoorte has led to a quick rise through the ranks for Nick McBride.
- TAKE a tour through the Stock Journal archives, as we revisit January 1980.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.