The discovery of yield determining genes could the increase the amount of flour produced from wheat by as much as 10 per cent.
- A CHANGE of government in South Australia has ignited hopes for a renewed attitude and de-politicisation of critical farm policy issues.
- A management shift has helped Nick Kelly drastically reduced his fertiliser costs to $3/ha.
- Mark Coulton says he’s “furious” at the Greens saying the kangaroo is an endangered species in an effort to ban export markets.
- ONE of the grain industry’s highest honours was recently awarded to SARDI soil biology and molecular diagnostics group leader Dr Alan McKay.
- WHILE massive tractors handle much of the grunt work on SA farms, many machinery sheds contain smaller, older tractors driven out to fill gaps at peak times.
- Hosted by the Hart Field-Site Group and sponsored by Rabobank, the annual pre-sowing seminar brought together some of the country’s leading agronomy specialists, including Bordertown's Ben Hunt as the key-note farmer speaker.
- THE next Livestock SA Southern Region meeting will be held at the Keith Golf Club on Wednesday April 11.
- More than 20,000 people flocked to the South East Field Days at Lucindale.
- Advertiser content: How this reliable fix for warm beer has proven to be a game changer.
- A three year-old Border Collie is the the new yard dog state champion, overcoming a record field of kelpies at the South East Field Days.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.