LAMEROO cropper Peter Maynard had about 130 millimetres of rain in September, which not only held up harvesting 600 hectares of hay, but encouraged prolific weed growth.
- Take a tour through the Stock Journal archives, as we look back on November 1991.
- GOOD spring rains and follow-up falls since have allowed weeds to establish earlier and grow larger during summer, increasing the burden for SA farmers.
- A salt-tolerant pasture legume is set to make a big difference in saline and water logging prone areas of southern Australia.
- Bega Cheese has bought the food industry icon Vegemite and other Kraft brands for $460 million.
- Share your thoughts in our weekly reader poll.
- AFTER increasing entry numbers at most other major shows in Australia, the Speckle Park cattle breed will make its debut at this year’s Royal Adelaide.
- AGRICULTURE has continued its trend with a lift in the number of Tuesday’s first round admissions in the subject at the University of Adelaide.
- Horticulture Innovation Australia will roll out 20 targeted industry scholarships a year for the next five years for women.
- ABOUT 5800 fewer people are employed in the SA agriculture, forestry and fishing sectors compared with 14 months ago, according to Australian Bureau of Statistics figures.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.