The cotton sector is shaping up as the most active sector in the property market says Colliers International.
The multibillion Melbourne Metro rail project will boost the Australian economy the nation's top infrastructure advisers have declared, placing pressure on the Turnbull government to boost funding to Victorian major projects.
The Burke Shire Council is advocating the importance of landline communications in remote areas, after Gregory residents lost communication early in the new year.
- AGRICULTURE has continued its trend with a lift in the number of Tuesday’s first round admissions in the subject at the University of Adelaide.
- LAMEROO cropper Peter Maynard had about 130 millimetres of rain in September, which not only held up harvesting 600 hectares of hay, but encouraged prolific weed growth.
- Take a tour through the Stock Journal archives, as we look back on November 1991.
- GOOD spring rains and follow-up falls since have allowed weeds to establish earlier and grow larger during summer, increasing the burden for SA farmers.
- ABOUT 5800 fewer people are employed in the SA agriculture, forestry and fishing sectors compared with 14 months ago, according to Australian Bureau of Statistics figures.
- Bega Cheese has bought the food industry icon Vegemite and other Kraft brands for $460 million.
- Share your thoughts in our weekly reader poll.
- AFTER increasing entry numbers at most other major shows in Australia, the Speckle Park cattle breed will make its debut at this year’s Royal Adelaide.
- The Smiling Samoyed Brewery took out some big awards at the Royal Adelaide Beer and Cider awards.
- Horticulture Innovation Australia will roll out 20 targeted industry scholarships a year for the next five years for women.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.